Health benefits of Chrysanthemum tea
1. Chrysanthemum tea has Vitamin C in which helps ease heaviness in the head during cold and provide relief in sinusitis discomfort. This herbal tea also has antiviral properties and helps relieve congestion in the head which may be caused by viral infection.
2. Chrysanthemum tea is naturally caffeine free, hence, it is free from all the side effects of caffeine like anxiety, tension, irritation, nervousness and confusion.
3. Chrysanthemum tea is a natural coolant and helps in lowering the temperature of the body when suffering from fever or even heat stroke. This herbal tea is also helpful in treating pimples and acne. It can also treat discomfort of high temperature such as headache, slight toothache and throbbing nerves in the gums.
4. Chrysanthemum tea is good for the detoxification of the liver and for lowering cholesterol levels.
5. This tea helps in the treatment of coronary artery disease, blocked arteries and even varicose veins.
6. Chrysanthemum tea has stimulating property and helps in alerting the senses and rejuvenating the brain. It stimulates all your senses very quickly and also calms down the nerves.
7. It helps in easing giddiness.
8. Drinking Chrysanthemum tea helps in providing relief in sore throat, redness in the eyes, itchiness in the eyes, dryness in the eyes
9. Chrysanthemum tea helps ease digestion.
These uses aren’t supported by contemporary scientific research, but have a lengthy history.
Allergies and Side Effects
If you’re allergic to daisies or ragweed, you might also be allergic to chrysanthemum. Definitely stop consuming it if you have a reaction like a skin rash or respiratory irritation. Chrysanthemum products interact with many prescription medicines, though none very seriously. If you are taking prescription medicines, ask your doctor before you start using any chrysanthemum goods.
Source from Chinese Medicine Practitioner